Some time, when I browse the App Store for new applications, I thing "oh great, just another speedometer app". After an initial enthusiasm things became boring somehow. Now, that's because there are
- 6 Speedometers and
- 8 "Mail my position" apps.
Well, competition may be good, but this is a little too much, I think (If you want to have a real choice, have a look at "tip calculators"! There are like a hundred of them or so...).
There are also good examples of proper GPS applications, and maybe one more might not hurt anybody. Those are:
- Geopher Lite (Geocaching app)
- GPS Kit (Does almost all a proper GPS does, e.g. a Garmin geko)
- GPS Compass which is sort of a light version of GPS Kit ;-)
- Path Tracker and Snail Trail (which do tracking and export)